Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), founded in 1960 and renamed from Nanjing Institute of Meteorology in 2004, was designated as one of the key institutions of higher education in China in 1978, which enjoys the reputation of the cradle of Chinese meteorological talents. In 2017, the university was listed in China’s national Double First-rates universities and disciplines and was also included in the provincial high-level universities in Jiangsu province. The discipline of Atmospheric Science ranks No. 1 in China in the discipline evaluation by the Ministry of Education. The four disciplines of Geoscience, Engineering, Computer Science and Environmental Science and Ecology have entered top 1% ESI international discipline rankings.
About University of Reading
University of Reading (UoR), founded in the 19th century as an extension College of the University of Oxford. Reading was the only University to be awarded a charter between the two world wars. The University of Reading is now recognised as one of the top 200 Universities in the world, and is home to 19,000 students from over 150 countries. University of Reading offers a wide range of programmes from the pure and applied sciences to languages, humanities, social sciences, business and arts. University of Reading ranked No.188 in the world and No.28 in the UK according to QS in 2018.
About NUIST Reading Academy
NUIST-Reading Academy is a leading joint education institute in China, a partnership between the University of Reading (UK) and NUIST (China). The Academy provides high quality education to students in China and currently offers six undergraduate programmes: Applied Chemistry, International Economics and Trade, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Environmental Engineering, Atmospheric Science, and Law. It has been recognised as one of three institutes among the first cohort of High-Level Demonstrative Transnational-Education Institutions in Jiangsu Province, and also included in the “UK-Jiangsu 20+20 World-Class University Initiative”.
1. Cultivating internationalized and professional talents with global vision, spirit of innovation and interdisciplinary competencies
2. Aligning with UK QAA (Quality Assurance Agency) policies
3. Matching the curriculum system in the University of Reading
4. Teaching all in English, over one-third of modules taught by international teachers
5. International Community involving students in Nanjing and Reading
6. Cross-cultural activities and clubs, BP Debate Club, Drama Club, Running Club, Yoga Club, Music Club etc.
7. Student Dean Assistants, Student-Staff Liaison Committee, Student partnership
Smart Classrooms, European style environment